Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 1, 2010

The Begining


As I think about one of the things I want to get out of my blog is to have Alivia know all the little things. I thought I would start from her birth then I decided to go a little furhter back. So this is for you Alivia...

Alivia,
It was Friday, June 12, 2009 and dad and I had been wondering if we could be pregnant. We got a test and I left it in the bathroom as I walked away and left dad to tell me what it said. He was talking to me and all I remeber him saying was, "Its not going to say you are..." then he came out and with a tear in his eye told me we were pregnant. We were so excited and nervous. On Friday, July 10th came the next big day. At our first prenatal appointment we had an ultasound done and dad was able to see your heart beating and we knew that everything so far was looking good. At this point we went ahead and told our family we were expecting you! But as you will learn one day about dad when he is excited it is hard for him to keep it a secret so come to find out later more people found out each day but thats okay. One July 31st was the next ultrasound and I was able to see for the first time your heart beating and little little arms and legs just moving. It was amazing.

Then the fun started:) At six weeks pregnant until about 18 weeks was morning sickness. While I was pregnant with you the only thing that I could keep down was meat. I lived on Wendys spicy chicken sandwiches and Arbys roast beef sandwiches but grateful that something was good. It was worth it though. On Friday October 2 was when we found out you were a GIRL!!! Although it took some time because they always said you were an active baby in my belly but that day you wanted to just keep laying there with your feet crossed at the ankles (you still do this everytime you have a bottle silly girl). We were once again exstactic. Then the pregnancy went on what seemed like forever but daddy and I loved it.

Then on January 15th I was put on bed rest for high blood pressure. This was really hard for me because I am not the kind of person who likes to just stayhome not able to work or drive but knew if was what was best to get you to 37 weeks pregnant and that I was willing to do. Then with 3 trips to labor and delivery we were set up on a non stress test twice a week until you came to make sure you were okay. Grandma Danna would drive me up to the hospital since daddy had to work and we got to see you moving each time. Finally at 37 weeks on January 29th my dr sent us up to be enduced. Although daddy and i were nervous we were excited you were finally going to be here. Then the real fun bega. We began the enduction at 9:00am that friday. After maxing out the medicine and 24 hours later my water was broken hoping things would start to progress. You just were not ready to come out. Before the enduction we were 70% effaced and after 36 hours were were 80% effaced and only dialated to 3 and 1/2. The doctor then told us that if I was not at a 5cm by 10:30 pm (this was now on saturday the 30th) we would have a c section. Well you were hanging in by your toes but were getting tired and your heart rate started to drop. Luckily for me I was in enough pain I was not aware of this, My wonderful nurse just said you were getting tired and called the doctor who was already half way there and we were going to just go ahead with the c section.

At 9:44 pm Saturday January 30th you were born it was amazing! All your grandparents Doug, Nancy, Danna, Tama and Ron and Aunt Andi were waiting to see you. You weighed 6lbs 10 oz and were 19 inches long. You were so beautiful and in my nextr post I will begin telling you of your first few days. We love you and are so glad you are a part of our family. Happy Birthday Alivia!

No comments:

Post a Comment